View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000472||ascend||compiler||public||2010-07-21 14:14||2013-03-07 11:21|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||0.9.9||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0000472: slvreq: with SOLVER statement before FIX/FREE methods, model is not updated|
|Description||Test with Kelvin's latest models.|
slvreq: with SOLVER statement before FIX/FREE methods, model is not updated, and shows as not being square.
Looks like the model is being exported to the solver *before* the methods are being run.
Need to review what is done in the 'SOLVE' command, and what is done in the 'SOLVER' command.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Lissy found that
solves her model, but
does solve... which suggests that something is not being updated properly after the SOLVER command or else after the RUN command.
Some ideas for testing this issue:
* try adding code that assigns different solvers one after the other, eg "SOLVER QRSlv; SOLVER IPOPT", and see if that causes crashes/problems.
* try setting parameters on the solver before the solver has been assigned.
* try setting invalid solver parameters
* try calling the solver before a solver has been selected.
* try assigning/calling the solver when the model contains invalid statements for that kind of solver (eg MAXIMISE statement with QRSlv)
Look deeply at when and how the system is 'built' and the solver is 'set'. What actions should trigger these to be repeated, if any?